Earth Tones - Call for Artists
Sustainable Equality Art Gallery
The Sustainable Progress and Equality Collective (SPEC) is an open learning organization devoted to sustainability, equity, and mutual reciprocity. SPEC is committed to artists' professional development and art's power to promote diversity and amplify marginalized voices and social action. We accomplish this through our virtual art space, offering creatives a submission platform and an easy way to apply.
We are looking for those who create work that inspires and elevates the conversation on sustainability, environmentalism, and related societal challenges, including climate crisis, depletion of resources, extinction of species, and social and political uncertainties. We invite artists, activists, designers, architects, and collectives to share their exemplary projects and discuss ideas on art and sustainability with a broader audience with uplifting artwork centered on inspiration, encouragement, hope, and perseverance. ARTIST SUBMISSION GUIDELINES Our digital gallery show is intended to provide a platform for any artist with work focused on art and sustainability.
- 1.We will accept all forms of art related to sustainability and environmentalism (images, videos, writings, etc.).
- 2.Submissions should be in (.jpeg, .rtf, .doc, .docx, .mp4, .png) or as links to the specific work on WeTransfer.
- 3.All submissions should have artist name(s)/pronouns, descriptions, and other identifying factors. (Alternate text for accessibility purposes will be accepted.)
- 4.Video submissions should be in short form, but please feel free to submit more than one. Please include an introductory image for the video.
- 5.Submission to SPEC allows us the right to share and promote your work with proper credit to the artist and their artwork.
As the artist, you retain intellectual property rights but allow us to share your work.
Exhibit Curators: Alicia Bong and Joseph Golden
Submission deadline: March 30th, 2023
If you are unable to access the submission form, please email us directly using the contact email above.